banner

banner
'We have come to destroy you!'

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Imperial Guard update - Gearing up for Apocalypse!

 So a large apocalypse game is coming up in a month or two so it's time to gear up and make some headway with my Imperial Guard Army 'The Hydrobian 8th'. I realise I'm kind of giving away some secrets here but who cares. It's for fun anyway.

I love artillery and explosions, who doesn't? I've liked the idea of a manticore but I hated the model. The big cartoon rockets seemed silly to me. I had two leftover whirlwind rocket pods that look great. The idea was to try and emulate an MLRS ( google it ) as my army is somewhat modern-looking.

Here goes!

 I wasn't hugely pleased with the actual rockets. I couldnt figure out a decent colour scheme so I went for boring military green with som yellow dots.


I also magnetised the launcher so I could make it a DeathStrike missile Launcher.

 You've no doubt already noticed that it's a single manticore missile instead of a deathstrike.The reason for that is the deathstrike missile is flat out silly. It looks like something the coyote would use against the roadrunner. It should hace ACME written down the side.  The in game effect is a 3+D3 blast. Not a huge blast in otherwords. The deathstrike, as seen below is basically a 50 megaton nuclear missile. It should really just erase the battlefield killing everything. If they made the deathstrike realistic it would go something like: If the deathstrike fires, the game is a draw as all models on the table are instantly vapourised.
It's just too big.
I'm happy with the result and I'll gladly argue with anyone who claims its too small. The missile now kind of matches the in-game effect plus it looks better.


Below is a plasma veteran squad. Just some random things I've been working on.


 This squad is a veteran squad with Melta. The heads are from Mad Robot Miniatures and the guns from Anvil Industries. This squad will eventually be mounted in a valkyrie. I've modelled them on old school stormtroopers and British paratroopers.




Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. your Guard conversions are awesome. Was just wondering where you got/how you made the Cadian helmets with goggles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for late replies! The Melta was simply made from a cadian flamer, chopped the end off and glued on a melta barrell.

    The goggle helmets are OOP Games Workshop helmets. Metal ones. :(

    ReplyDelete